BHP | Australia, Port Hedland
Reporting to the Lead Electrical Engineer on a one year fixed term contract, within the Port Engineering Governance and Technical Stewardship team your duties will include:
• An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development;
• Governance of electrical engineering standards in relation to Port operations
• Providing technical input to multiple capital projects and tasks
• Providing engineering support to Port maintenance teams
• Coordinating electrical design and drafting work to ensure customers’ expectations are met
• Ensuring Engineering designs, scopes, reports and other engineering documents conform to BHPB specifications and Australian Standards
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with other teams in Port Operations
• Evaluate key learnings, industry leading practice and innovations in electrical engineering to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Capture lessons learnt from development and delivery of capital projects for incorporation into continuous improvement initiatives
In this residential 5/2 or FIFO 5/2/4/3 role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
• Tertiary qualifications in Electrical engineering is required;
• Experience in a project design environment within the consulting and mining industry.
• Technical proficiency across the engineering lifecycle (study, design, installation, commissioning, operation).
• Knowledge of statutory requirements and Australian Standards
• Experience of managing multiple projects concurrently with associated people management, using appropriate communication, delegation and planning skills
• Strong communication and relationship management skill
• Experience in an operating or maintenance role for electrical facilities would be advantageous
• Minimum of C class manual drivers licence