Aurecon | South Africa, Tshwane
At Aurecon we see the future through a very different lens. Do you?
Innovation, eminence and digital are at the heart of everything we do. Are you excited about the future?
Are you driven by the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and complex projects around the world and to learn from the best? We are.
Diversity is at the core of everything we do. We work together to create a culture based on respect, trust and inclusiveness. Our differences are what fuel our creativity.
We embrace flexible working and are always open to discussing your individual needs so that you get to create your own experience with us.
Here in Cape Town, where you’ll be based, you will be working alongside Building Engineers and Modellers. We typically work for international clients across the globe.
What will you do?
We know the work we do is vital in assisting our world’s economic development and, it’s the technical expertise and the depth of knowledge of our people that really sets us apart. Here are the key things you will do to ‘bring ideas to life’.
- Analysing project requirements in the context of various codes and standard and develop conceptual designs through to a set of construction information
- Directing a team to ensure compliant designs are delivered to agreed programmes
- Develop scrips and add-ins to automate repetitive design aspects and/or to check various design compliance aspects (using e.g. Dynamo, Python)
- Have strong understanding of local & international codes & standards, including those applicable to South Africa, Middle East & Australia
- Taking a Project leader role, maintaining accountability for resourcing, timeliness, quality, risk management, project financial performance and scope management
We know today’s complex challenges can only be solved through bringing together diverse teams of people from across our business, so there will be opportunities for you to apply your skills and creativity to projects in other geographies and markets.
What can you bring to the team?
You will share our genuine passion for re-imaging engineering and be someone that actively pursues continuous learning to help shape the future. You will need a BSc / BEng in Electrical Engineering with a Pr.Eng with at least a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the Built Environment. (Your international experience will be highly preferable)
We are looking for an inspiring engineer who can demonstrate:
- A strong technical and big picture view of building services, focussing mainly on Electrical, Security, ICT and AV services
- A keen interest in the detail aspects of design
- The ability and willingness to deliver to a high level of technical documentation (specification, models, drawings)
- Strong proficiency in Revit with the ability to deliver to a minimum of LOD300
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills - a strong collaborator, especially across country boundaries
- Comfort to undertake technical training and impart knowledge to other engineers working on your projects