Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
Chemours is seeking an Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer, to join our growing Technology team! This position will report directly to the Manufacturing Technology Manager in our La Porte, Texas location.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain and support PLC’s, DCS’s and area power distribution systems.
- Act as E&I liaison with site design contractor for small and large capital projects.More specifically, this will involve:
- Writing or approving project scopes
- Marking-up and approving all E&I drawings
- Establishing and maintaining installation details and standards
- Representing business unit at PHA’s
- Assuring adherence to standards (ie. safety interlock)
- Providing E&I construction, check-out and start-up support.
- Design and implement process control improvements.
- Provide guidance and training for E&I reliability personnel, mechanics and other specialist.
- Assist operations in troubleshooting instrument/electrical problems.
- Maintain P&I's loop sheets, electrical drawings, safety interlock test procedures, control valve specifications and other essential E&I documentation so they are current and complete.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or other B.S. engineering discipline (ie. Chemical or Mechanical) with strong understanding of power distribution systems
- Five years experience in manufacturing plant operations OR Military Equivalent Experience
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Process control theory (PID, ratio control, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of basic process instrumentation selection/specification, calibration and troubleshooting
- Specific, fundamental understanding of analyzers (pH, conductivity, etc.).
- Honeywell TDC3000 knowledge in:
- Specifying equipment,
- Configuring network, data points, graphics,
- Writing and reading CL programming, and
- System backups.
- Process monitoring capability to set-up database, building displays, creating reports.
- Capability to maintain and develop batch sequencing logic in both DCS’s and PLC’s
- Capability to tune controllers.
- Understanding of weighing systems to provide design and troubleshooting support.
- Safety and process interlock understanding Including fundamental knowledge of international safety interlock standards.
- Capability to design, troubleshoot and support area electrical & instrument systems.
- Thorough knowledge of E&I drawings including electrical schematics, logic diagrams and P&I diagrams.
Key Attributes Needed:
- Core Competencies
- Managing for Productivity
- Embracing Challenge
- Build Sustainable Customer Relationships
- Analysis and Judgment