Early Test Involvement (ETI) Systems Engineer - (GLO0000UX)
Jacobs has an opportunity for an energetic individual to support the Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) team at Ft Meade in the following areas:
- Analyze requirements, technical analysis, initial risk assessment, initial test design, and requirements management and tracking, which are executed and developed in accordance with the DISA T&E Scorecard and T&E Scorecard Guidebook, during the Project Initiation Phase and the Project Lifecycle Phase.
- Experience in gathering, reviewing and analyzing all applicable project documentation, including business and capability-level requirements and technical documents, in order to perform risk assessments.
- Ability to develop detailed risk assessments and TEMARs, based on completed project risk assessments, and will participate in all activities that will assist with the T&E design.
- Comfortable working with project POCs, AOs, PMs, and other stakeholders during requirements review and analysis of DISA projects to provide continuous, accurate T&E guidance and feedback.
- Researching government documents to identify and assess requirements for specified projects.
- Update SharePoint site to reflect updated document repository.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience or ;
- Master’s degree with at least 6 years of experience.
- Relevant technical degrees include the following, though the Government may consider other curriculums, various engineering and science disciplines, Physics, Operations Research, Computer Science, and Mathematics.
- Related certifications in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- Ability to identify and interpret functional and system level requirement products to support the development of test scenarios and/or requirements traceability products.
- Highly proficient in both written and verbal communications amongst a diverse audience of stakeholders.
- Must have at least 6 years of experience in risk management and requirements mapping
- Must have ability to work independently or as a member of a team focused on meeting delivery deadlines within a defined schedule
- Have practical and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Must have a Secret clearance at time of hire.
- Highly Desirable:
- Experience working in a DOD Operational Environment at the Joint level
- Recent operational or functional experience with requirements mapping
- Experience with data management
- Recent T&E experience with JITC or a similar Operational Test Authority organization
- MS Office skills (intermediate)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a diverse team of test/system engineers
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
- An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines
- Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
- Core work hours will be between 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer’s locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.