Development Planning Engineer
Wood | Kazakhstan, Atyrau
Overview / Responsibilities
WOOD (trading locally as QED International) is currently looking for Development Planning
Engineer to join our client NCOC in Atyrau (for locals/kazakh passport holders).
- Coordinate and execute development studies for the assigned asset as directed in all its aspects: Geoscience and Reservoir, Drilling & Completion, Development Architecture, Process, Surface Installations, Operating
- Philosophy, Permitting and Regulatory, Cost Estimation, Planning, and Economics, taking into account NCOC
- CMS procedures, local constraints, PSA compliance, and local regulations.
- Coordinate and lead integrated teams (surface & subsurface) to progress the development studies from
- Preliminary studies phase to concept selection.
- Utilize lessons learned and experience from Experimental Phase and other Kashagan development phases on applied studies.
- Prepare and execute the schedule of studies in line with field development plans
- Prepare and agree work program and deliverables, and associated budget and planning.
- Provide assistance to set up of the adequate organization for achieving these studies
- Provide the assistance when required to the management of interactions with Commercial team, High management of NCOC, Co-Ventures, external national authorities and ministries.
- Ensure regular reporting to any stakeholder, external and internal, as requested,
- Assure compliance of the recommended development plan with applicable national and international standards, and the justification of any derogation as required.
- Promote innovative concepts whenever possible and ensure evaluating them for optimization of the
- development plan.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree MSc or equivalent level (5 years) in engineering or subsurface related discipline.
- Demonstrable experience (min 5 years) and proven track record in oil & gas engineering and development
- Previous experience and familiarity with RoK and/ or other Caspian projects highly desirable.
- 5 years minimum of experience, including assignments to operational positions in subsidiaries and deep knowledge of one or two subsurface and/or surface trades.
- Good knowledge of the different aspects of production and exploration, particularly the process of appraisal and development of reservoirs.
- Good knowledge of the process of project maturation including planning, budgeting, resourcing, reporting, reaching milestones, approvals and project handover.
- Wide technical knowledge.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex technical / commercial problems and to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Full understanding of importance in planning and executing projects in the Oil & Gas business.
- Proactive approach to decisional process.
- Knowledge of all relevant discipline codes and standards.
- Full understanding of HSE importance in planning and executing projects.
- Proactive approach to HSE issues and process of safety/hazard management;
- Knowledge of all relevant discipline codes and standards