Design Engineer-Material Engineer
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a medium set of moderately difficult assignments.
- Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
- Develop and review Piping Material specifications, including design criteria
- Participate in activities associated with Piping Material Spec's for equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
- Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of moderate or complex engineering problems
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
- Perform Piping Design Support tasks such as development of line lists, valve lists, material spec interface, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
To be Considered Candidates:Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and four (4) years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
- Must be a self-starter - work may be 'from home' and resource must be able to manage their time effectively.
- Must have flexibility and desire to learn other facets of Piping design, including Stress Engineering and Piping 3D Design
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Prior experience as a Material / Specifications Engineer, ideally associated with Piping Materials
- P3D or S3D experience
- Professional registration
- Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials
- Practical field experience
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs