Design Engineer Hydrodynamics 1
Wärtsilä | Netherlands, Drunen
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- You are responsible for the design of high-quality propellers within the estimated lead time and costs.
- You communicate with the customer, design offices and research entities concerning engineering, this in cooperation with the Project Manager and/or Sales Manager contribute to improvements of design methods, processes and products.
- You occasionally participate in (international) research groups, to gain and gather knowledge.
- You attend performance tests at research laboratories regarding to your designs.
What do we expect from you?
- You hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture / Maritime Technology / or similar.
- You have several years of design experience in Siemens NX or AutoCad 3D and are curious to learn more about Hydrodynamics and Fluid Dynamics.
- It is seen as an advantage if you have experience in finite element analyses and fatigue stress assessments.
- You can add extra value in our team if you have a pro-active attitude, solid communication skills and if you are able to cope with stress.
- You are interested in travelling for short periods and to work in a service minded environment.
What we offer you
- We highly care for employability of all our employees and employees are encouraged to take the opportunity to further develop their talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious, growth orientated organisation. We offer excellent terms of employment and promote a healthy work-life balance. We foster openness, respect and trust.