Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Provide detailed input for drawings, quality assurance plans, and bills of material to ensure all are released accurately and on time for all orders assigned.
- Take ownership of all orders assigned from valve selection/quotation/design through shipment and customer support. This includes specification review, creation of design/seismic and other engineering reports, providing critical input for bills of material, QAPs, and drawings, creating testing and other miscellaneous procedures, dealing with production challenges, and interfacing with customers as needed.
- Provide quotation input (valve/part selection, design input, engineering time estimates, etc) to inside sales on or before required due dates to ensure prompt customer service.
- Support Application Engineering through creation/revision of design reports.
- Fully support the achievement of the annual financial and operational goals of Raleigh’s operations.
- Fully support plant wide continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, and cost reduction initiatives. Contribute to an active CIP program within the Design Engineering department .
- Participation in product design reviews providing design/layout input applicable to new product designs of any orders assigned that require new designs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline required. Degree from an accredited university preferred.
- 1-5 years of experience in engineered manufacturing environment a plus
- Must have a high sense of urgency to plan and execute order requirements to meet shipment schedule as well as deal with ongoing shop floor issues, customer issues, and documentation creation.
- Interpersonal skills are critical for optimum communication with cross-functional departments as well as internal and external customers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package including spreadsheet, database management, and presentation software.
- Familiarity with 2D and 3D CAD systems; Pro Engineer, Creo, and Ansys experience is preferred.
- Aptitude for mechanical and analytical work, with the ability to analyze situations and make sound recommendations.
- Ability to produce professional engineering reports and presentations in keeping with company policies & objectives
- Excellent time management and organization skills
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- FE certification strongly desired; must be on a path to take the FE as sitting for the PE exam is a requirement of the position
- Experience in ASME pressure vessel design is desired
- Working knowledge of nuclear industry requirements including ASME Sections II and III, 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, and NQA-1 is a plus
- Working knowledge of RCC-M code is a plus
- Electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems knowledge is a plus