Preferred Experience / Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in engineered manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of nuclear industry requirements including ASME Sections II, III and VIII, 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, and NQA-1
- Experience with gate, globe, and check valves (GGC)
- Global mindset with the ability to understand, help plan, and execute a comprehensive strategy for the GGC product lines
- Familiarity with 2D and 3D CAD systems; Solidworks and ANSYS experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of RCC-M code is a plus
- Electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems knowledge is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline from an accredited university required. An advanced degree in an Engineering discipline is preferred but not required.
- PE certification preferred.
- Must have a high sense of urgency to plan and execute order requirements to meet shipment schedule as well as deal with ongoing shop floor issues, customer issues, and documentation creation.
- Interpersonal skills are critical for optimum communication with cross-functional departments as well as internal and external customers.
- Aptitude for mechanical and analytical work, with the ability to analyze situations and make sound recommendations.
- Ability to produce professional engineering reports and presentations in keeping with company policies & objectives.
- Lean mentality with an attitude for continuous improvement, looking for ways to advance plant and Engineering processes
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• Take ownership of projects from valve selection/quotation/design through shipment and customer support. This includes specification review, creation of technical engineering reports, writing Bill of Materials, writing quality assurance plans and inspection test plans, creating product models, creating testing and other miscellaneous procedures, dealing with production challenges, and interfacing with customers as needed.
- Provide leadership and support to other Engineers to help train them technically and professionally
- Provide quotation input (valve/part selection, design input, engineering time estimates) to inside sales on or before required due dates to ensure prompt customer service.
- Fully support plant wide continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, and cost reduction initiatives by contributing to an active CIP/lean program within the engineering department.
- Drive personal, departmental, and plant success through well-defined metrics and balance multiple priorities simultaneously