- The Dow Fluidized Catalytic Dehydrogenation (FCDh) Technology Licensing group with Univation has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an energized Design Engineer. This position will be located in Houston, Texas at the Houston Dow Center or Univation Headquarters. The primary purpose of this role is to provide expertise for the conceptualization, design, drafting, and specification development for fluidized bed processes. This individual should possess a unique approach to “work process” related to progress and outflow of technical data/design for the development of design packages. The work product of the Engineer/Specialist will be key to the implementation and commercialization of new process technologies as well as the scale-up and licensing of existing technologies. The successful candidate will work with a multi-functional team and be responsible for leading the creation of design packages. There will be interaction with R&D, engineering, operations, licensees, consultants, maintenance, commercial and other functions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participation in multifunctional technology teams within and outside of Dow to generate technical drawing packages and specifications for new and existing technologies
- Ability to create a work process, based on 3D solids modeling and extensive years of development to produce a consistent, flexible engineered mechanical work product.
- Ability to targets a specific solution to specialized problems relative to the layout, problem solving and final design of mechanical components.
- Preparation of mechanical drawing packages and requisitions.
- Provide proposals and evaluations for new mechanical design concepts.
- Design fluidized bed reaction system hardware using applicable modeling software such as AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Be familiar with mechanical calculations for vessel design including design by rules and Finite Element Analysis
- Be proficient with 3D modeling in Solids Works or Auto Desk Inventor as well as MicroStation
- Preparation of inquiry and purchase specification for equipment
- Review of supplier bids and data
- Checking and review of mechanical drawing packages and requisitions
- Apply problem solving skills in a design environment in regards to design and specification development.
- Field technical services relating to fluidized bed reaction system pressure vessel and internal components
- Cradle to grave execution of engineered processes (ie conceptual to detail engineering)
- Customer oriented when working with licensees with a can do attitude
- Ability to plan, develop, evaluate, and implement technology using creative and scientifically sound methodology.
- Ensure effective collaboration with R&D, Tech Center, Manufacturing & Engineering, Finance, Commercial, and Engineering Solutions groups.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 8 years of industry experience
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge in the areas of fluidized bed hardware design and use of appropriate design tools
- Knowledge of extensive design of refractory lined vessels and high temperature internals.
- Knowledge of specification development for high temperature internals and fluidized equipment such as catalyst slide valves and refractory lined expansion joints.
- Demonstrated drive to produce high quality design packages is required.
Note: Domestic relocation assistance may be available for this role.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others