An exciting opportunity to join a fast growing engineering team to work on marine foundation installation equipment and projects around the world. The position is on an initial six month fixed term contract.
Key competencies and experience
- Qualified to Degree/HND level with a minimum of 3 years’ experience preferably in heavy engineering with a good appreciation of mechanical engineering and structural engineering and/or hydraulic control systems.
- 3D modelling, preferably SolidWorks.
- 2D draughting for conceptual design set outs, preferably AutoCAD.
- Working within a document management system, preferably SolidWorks EPDM.
- Working within ISO9001 procedures.
- Clear understanding of general engineering principles.
- Clear hand calculations.
- Computer aided stress analysis.
- Team player.
- Clear communication skills.
- Innovative problem solving resulting in clear conceptual designs.
- A good appreciation of design for manufacture and assembly.
- Development of new marine drilling and construction, lifting and handling machinery for use worldwide. Some foreign travel may be necessary.
- To liaise with all departments throughout the design phase to final commissioning.
- To liaise with third party bodies where required.
- Ensure that the design complies with HSE and third party requirements.
- Conduct validated stress analysis to determine part and assembly integrity.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure optimisation with respect to manufacture, assembly and maintenance.
- Develop detailed manufacturing drawings, supporting calculations and documentation.
- Develop information and documentation for sales support as required.