Customer Site Controls Engineer
Air Liquide | USA, Dallas
- Act as the System Owner for Customer Hillsboro Site Distributed Factory Controls, serving as the Customer Facing Air Liquide representative for Distributed Factory Controls, establishing and maintaining a strong relationship with the customer.
- Key decision maker for Distributed Factory Controls platforms design and implementation, taking into account rapidly evolving customer needs
- Coordinate with Air Liquide Controls group to ensure “Best Practices” are upheld where they currently exist, and are newly established and created where needed.
- Create and Update Controls Work Procedures/Instructions where needed
- Lead advanced troubleshooting down to the module level on controls systems, applying a systematic approach, documenting and reporting out on findings and resolution paths.
- Lead equipment down and recovery situations, including reporting and follow up of incidents to final closure.
- Conducts necessary changes and upgrades of Air Liquide factory controls equipment as part of continuous improvement, cost minimization, or issue resolution efforts
- Develop and Conduct limited informal customer training sessions
- Available (upon release/loan from Hillsboro site by Customer) to provide remote or limited off-site factory controls project leadership throughout Customer locations Globally
- Other specified duties and accountabilities as defined in the customer agreed Customer PTD Site Controls Engineer Job Spec document (Examples: Design, Construction, Safety, Engineering Support, Field Service Support, etc.)
3rd Party Support (Design & Construction)
- Creation and maintenance of Air Liquide Factory Controls User/Operations Manual, to direct Customer in the development, maintenance, and publication of Master Design Standards, Packages, and Construction Specifications and Reference Packages.
- Provide guidance on site to Customer’s design firms during all design phases from “Project Positioning” through “Detailed Design”
- Coordinate with Customer’s Contractors during construction phases to ensure proper installations and resolve controls related issues prior to system startup and commissioning.
- Assist Customer’s IT / Networking / Automation / Telecom groups in their evolution of the integration of Air Liquide Distributed Factory Controls
- Similar design assistance can be provided to other Customer global sites upon appropriate release from local assigned duties, i.e. on as-available basis
Engineering Support and Product Management
- Primary contributor to development and maintenance of system documentation, including system architecture drawings, product data sheets, installation details, interconnect diagrams, etc.
- Develop Factory Acceptance Testing standards for new equipment and SW
- Contributor to Work Instructions and Technical Documentation for Air Liquide Final Test and Field Service groups, to include Operational and Functional Acceptance testing documentation and procedures for Air Liquide use
- Act as the conduit between Customer and Air liquide Engineering during new equipment startup to test, debug, and resolve issues.
- Develop existing Factory Controls training materials for Field Service personnel & customer, performing training for Hillsboro Site
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related degree, or equivalent 5+ years experience in Factory Distributed Controls for the Semiconductor Industry.
- 7-10 years minimum experience in Factory Distributed Controls for the Semiconductor Industry, or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including Organization, Safety, Communication, and Schedule Adherence, acting autonomously on all fronts
- Solid understanding of Semiconductor Chemical Distribution Systems, including fluid dynamics, safety requirements, and Factory Distributed Controls implications
- Ability to cover for needs outside of normal business hours to be on a best efforts basis
- Advanced understanding of Factory Distributed Controls Systems for the Semiconductor Industry, including Data Acquisition, Input/Output Controls, and Communication Network Hardware and embedded protocols