Overview / Responsibilities
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling allocation of costs for project’s chart of accounts
- Responsible for all project controls functions
- Provides financial and various other periodic reporting for project; including cost, commitments, contingency, margin, revenue, manhours and forecasting
- Responsible for maintaining change management program for project; including participation in recognizing, scoping and estimating change
- Responsible for project forecast integrity for all costs; including direct labor, indirect labor, direct material, tagged equipment, indirect material, equipment rentals, subcontracts, engineering
- Charts and trends productivity in reports
- Coordinates and aligns cost with schedule
- Ability to perform quantity surveying, take off and estimating activities
- Provide narratives to explain variances from baseline (as sold) budgets to current budgets to forecasts
- Analyze subcontractor change requests
Skills / Qualifications
- Software utilization
- Primavera P6 – understands how scheduling software functions.
- Microsoft Excel – must be proficient user of Excel and have the capability to be a self-taught, advanced user; utilizing power query and development of connections to various data sources. Will need to develop complex graphs, pivot tables, data tables and use Excel functions to minimize manual entry.
- Microsoft Word – must be proficient user of Word. Will need to be able to develop templates, create process and procedure documents.
- Microsoft Access – must have a conceptual understanding of relational databases and how they are constructed. Must have ability to learn and become proficient user.
- Financial Software (Generic) – Must be able to adapt and learn various financial software platforms.
- Preferred 5 + years project field experience in field engineering, project management and/or project controls roles
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in project controls role as PC manager, cost control engineer or planner.
- Prefer experience in conventional power industries, especially gas and steam turbines and/or combined cycle projects
- Experience with change management, preferably for lump sum and unit rate contracts
- Writing experience; ability to communicate in writing, using clear and concise wording, proper syntax and accurate spelling
- Microsoft Power BI – should understand the function of the BI platform and have ability to organize data to use for dashboard development (not required)
- Experience or familiarity with customer ICMMS project management system is not required but preferable.