Cost Engineer (Saudi National)
Bechtel | Saudi Arabia, Jubail,
- College / University Degree required in Engineering or Construction Management.
- Minimum five (5) years related work experience.
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing cost engineering functions, which include cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis.
- Candidate should possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to work closely with peers, external customers, and client counterparts.
- Good oral & written communication skills in English are required
- Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications currently used in Bechtel (PC Works or Primavera and Microsoft Office Applications, for example).
- Proficiency with PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications. Knowledge of financial reporting systems and controller account codes, and understanding of Controller instructions, which impact Project Controls (including Project Financial Status Reports and Earned Revenue Determination Data).
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Statistical knowledge in the areas of sampling, distributions, probability, and hypothesis testing for metrics.
- Knowledge of financial reporting systems and controller requirements through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Advanced knowledge of excel to produce well designed graphs, charts, and reports to communicate with key stakeholders.
- Prior experience working as client representation or in PM/CM role preferred.
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse organization, recognizing and respecting differences.
- Excellent team player.
- Ability to work independently and exercise professional judgment within the framework of guidelines provided by superiors
Detailed Job Description:
- Provide and manage cost control by recording project cost and progress under Project Controls Lead direction.
- Assists in preparing cost data for Expenditure and Cash Flow preparation and reconciliation. Set up and maintain tracking reports for submittal of Monthly Progress Invoices. Record inception to date expenditure and prepare the monthly progress report / Contract Status reports.
- Participate in resolving and expediting invoice processing restraints between construction, F&A, Revenue, etc.
- Participate in assisting client’s Planning & Budget Department regarding construction budgets/expenditure for each work plan.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs preparation of specific budgets. Assists in developing requirements for budgeting standards. Identifies or defines data sources and techniques for data acquisition, and collects required data.
- Ensure proper monitoring, management and close out of projects.
- Report on a regular basis to management and liaise when necessary with other disciplines in the project team and the owner's organization.