Control Systems Specialist / Engineer
Suncor | Canada, MacKay River, Alberta
You will use your expertise to:
- Configure, program, troubleshoot and maintain existing process control systems (Honeywell Experion C200/C300 based DCS)
- Maintain control system infrastructure including system administration, cyber security, hot fixes, patches, virus definition updates, back-ups, etc.
- Support commissioning and start-up project related activities
- Ensure timely resolution of technical issues, and technical support requests from other stakeholders
- Apply continuous improvement techniques to improve and optimize control systems reliability and performance
- Develop and or support automation best practices, standards and guidelines
- Alarm & Critical Interlock Bypass Management
- We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Eight (8) or more years of industrial experience in process control systems and system infra-structure (network) maintenance, preferably in an operating plant environment
- Experience with Honeywell C200 or C300 DCS or similar platforms and/or plant network communication systems including configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining the systems
- Knowledge of or experienced in review of controls system documentation like control narratives, logic diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, loop wiring diagrams, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering discipline
- Registered or immediately eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Knowledge of digital buses like Foundation Fieldbus, Profi-Bus, Modbus, etc.
- Knowledge of communication protocols like TCP/IP, Ether Net/IP, Device Net, OPC, HART,etc.
- Knowledge of regulatory and discrete controls, including motor controls, variable frequency drives, safety instrumented systems, field sensors, final control elements, etc.
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- The shift schedule is a 4 days on / 3 days off rotation
- Position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and supports our MacKay River operation
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory. Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates