Control Systems Specialist / Engineer
Suncor | Canada, MacKay River, Alberta
You will use your expertise to:
- Configure, program, troubleshoot and maintain existing process control systems (Honeywell Experion C200/C300 based DCS)
- Maintain control system infrastructure including system administration, cyber security, hot fixes, patches, virus definition updates, back-ups, etc.
- Support commissioning and start-up project related activities
- Ensure timely resolution of technical issues, and technical support requests from other stakeholders
- Apply continuous improvement techniques to improve and optimize control systems reliability and performance
- Develop and or support automation best practices, standards and guidelines
- Alarm & Critical Interlock Bypass Management
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Eight (8) or more years of industrial experience in process control systems and system infra-structure (network) maintenance, preferably in an operating plant environment
- Experience with Honeywell C200 or C300 DCS or similar platforms and/or plant network communication systems including configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining the systems
- Knowledge of or experienced in review of controls system documentation like control narratives, logic diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, loop wiring diagrams, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering discipline
- Registered or immediately eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Knowledge of digital buses like Foundation Fieldbus, Profi-Bus, Modbus, etc.
- Knowledge of communication protocols like TCP/IP, Ether Net/IP, Device Net, OPC, HART,etc.
- Knowledge of regulatory and discrete controls, including motor controls, variable frequency drives, safety instrumented systems, field sensors, final control elements, etc.