ExxonMobil | China, Huizhou
Job Role Responsibilities:
- Provide Control Systems engineering expertise in support of the design, construction, commissioning, start-up and operations of the ExxonMobil Huizhou Chemical Complex.
- Provide technical and operational expertise for the day-to-day support of the process control systems and infrastructure.
- Provide maintenance support for process control systems to achieve business and operational objectives.
- Primary responsibilities include support of Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and/or SCADA systems, TCP/IP-based control systems networks, Microsoft Windows Servers and Workstations, and Microsoft Windows domain infrastructures for process control systems, including:
- Installation and configuration of new equipment (software and hardware),
- Supporting system reliability and security through design and implementation of backup & recovery strategies, system health and performance monitoring, security access account management, anti-virus signature file distribution, software patch management, etc.,
- Support control systems sustainment by assisting in life cycle management activities such as software updates and upgrades, hardware refresh, etc.,
- Troubleshooting activities, including analyzing system failures and preparing recommendations for changes and improvements,
- Ensuring compliance with network and domain security standards, and
- Maintaining accurate systems documentation.
- Manage the systems contractors and interfaces to supporting vendors.
- Interface with various plant personnel, including process control applications engineers, instrumentation, electrical, machinery and provide systems expertise to the Maintenance and Operations teams.
- Demonstrate capability to influence without direct authority.
- Utilize depth and/or breadth of experience to identify cross-functional business opportunities and participate in internal company networks to share knowledge and practices to the benefit of others.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor or above degree in Computer Science, Automation, Electrical Engineering from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in managing a Distributed Control System (DCS) in the petrochemical or refining industry.
- Experience with platforms from Honeywell, Yokogawa and Emerson is an advantage,
- Experience with a full spectrum of Windows Server / Client design, specify, configure, install and maintain,
- Established expertise with TCP/IP-based network switches and routers (e.g. Cisco or equivalent),
- Experience with design, implement and sustainment of infrastructure for support of process control systems (includes active directory, file, terminal and management services as well as virtualization)
- Experience with relational database systems (Oracle and MS SQL Server) is an advantage,
- Experience in Design, Installation, Commissioning and Start-up of a new system is an advantage.
- Experience in international projects, multi-national company (MNC), Wholly Owned Foreign Enterprise (WOFE) or JV is an advantage.
- Effective team player.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.