Continuous Improvement Engineer
Air Liquide | India, Branchburg
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implement continuous improvement methodologies including Six Sigma and Lean within the ALAM business
- Provide intensive training for teams and drive a continuous improvement culture within the organization
- Teach, demonstrate and coordinate Lean implementation activities on the shop floor such as Kanban, Material Conveyance, Production flow, Super Market design and deployment, Value Stream Mapping, Takt time analysis, Problem-Solving, Standardized work, Set-up reduction, 5S, Visual Workplace, and Error-Proofing, 5S, TPM, SMED/QCO, Visual Factory, Kaizen, Scheduling, etc.
- Assist plant continuous improvement/Lean teams in sustaining gains achieved in continuous improvement efforts.
- Set Lean reporting (projects and financials) system, and report regularly to Line and functional management
- Seek, share, and implement best practices
- Manage multiple projects in different production Sites
- Exchange experiences/best practices with Six Sigma/Lean organizations in other areas of Air Liquide
- Form effective partnerships with leaders of other organizations and functions to uncover Lean/Six Sigma project opportunities
- Develop a network of Green belts throughout the organization.
- Capability to communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels within an organization on initiatives, projects and progress.
- Drive a culture of “Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time”
- Successfully complete required trainings
- Bachelor of science in Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years experience leading improvement projects in a large industrial organization or operational management
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt or beyond
- Advanced Training in Lean methodologies, 5s, SMED, VSM, Kaizen and other continuous improvement methodologies
- Good understanding of financial measurements and goals in the Lean/Flow through-put world
- Solid project management skills, team leadership skills, and excellent communication skills
- Process improvement experience with demonstrated successful results driven application of the concept
- Demonstrated success in leading and driving sustained change on the shop floor
- Experienced in training, facilitating, and coaching of Lean concepts to all levels of an organization
- Has led/participated/directed 50+ kaizen events on the shop floor and the ability to regularly work on the production floor and outside.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task
- Self-starter with the ability to perform well under pressure and changing priorities
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively in written and verbal formats with stakeholders at multiple levels in the business.
- Ability to work and travel globally
- Statistical Process Control, Statistical Quality Control experience
- Operational experience - operations leadership, process engineering, distribution experience