Construction Engineering Specialist IV
This Engineer will be responsible for contractor oversight.
- Responsibilities will include cost estimating, on-site construction management and technical support.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard construction engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using solid engineering judgment in making decisions
- Coordinates the efforts of survey, QA/QC, and other personnel to provide assistance on specific assignments
- Scheduling and planning; cost controls; implementing and monitoring quality control programs.
Responsibilities will include the project and field management of construction efforts for a bridge and highway construction in the Dallas DFW area.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and seven (7) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to eleven (11) years if non-degreed
- Must have 2+ years of heavy highway construction
Other Job Requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic or intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the basic or intermediate use of spreadsheets
- Construction Management degree or global equivalent
- Typically has five (5) years of project experience
- A valid driver’s license required by the project
- Ability to speak/read multiple languages