Composite Structural Engineer
The Blade Structures team within Blades Engineering is responsible for structural design and integrity assessment of the full blade.
We drive technological developments within these areas to deliver the most competitive blade products in the market.
Our department consists of +20 highly skilled and motivated engineers mainly located in UK/Isle of Wight and DK/Lem and now seeking to grow in Porto. We have multi-cultural values ensuring openness, positive attitudes and quality in our daily work
We value our team members to take ownership of their assignments and lead them until completion. Our mentality is to share good and bad experiences with our colleagues, so everyone learn from our individual achievements.
- Understanding and specifying structures requirements to meet design and commercial needs
- Development of innovative structural solutions to improve blade performance, reliability and cost
- Assess structural integrity of blades.
- Blades tests support and analysis of data, including running trials in production environment
- Representing team in blade or technology projects and CIM cases
- Supporting the Blades production units globally.
- Knowledge of composite materials and its specification, including theoretical concepts.
- Aeronautics or Mechanical Science degree (BSc, BEng, MSc, MEng)
- Experience working as structural designer, including with composite materials, desirable
- Experience with FEM, especially ANSYS/APDL
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Green Belt trained desirable
- Programing experience, especially Python
- Pro-active team player who transmits energy and enthusiasm
- Experience delivering to projects)
- CAD experience as basic user
- Advanced level in English both in speech and in writing
- Team player that is able to lead and present their opinions
- Enthusiastic and engaged, willing to go the extra mile
- Good communication with Operators & Engineers.