Cloud Automation Engineer
- Are you passionate about helping people improve the impact of their business through the use of data and analytics? If you enjoy the challenges associated with making complex information systems more user-friendly and effective, we are looking for you to join a team of creative and highly motivated professionals who are driving innovation in the upstream oil field services industry! At National Oilwell Varco, we strive to lead technology innovation that delivers significant value to our customers. We are hiring a Cloud Automation Engineer to provision and maintain the cloud infrastructure and applications running on the cloud.
- This role carries a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Automate images, systems, network and orchestration
- Build infrastructure as code and migrate the infrastructure changes across environments
- Implement and improve infrastructure stability
- Develop tools and processes to able automated monitoring of the infrastructure components
- Build reports showing progress status of KPI (Key Performance Indicators) metrics
- Document and maintain live diagram of the existing infrastructure and automated processes and procedures
- Evaluate and recommend new cloud technologies and services.
- Perform script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements and implementations
- Work with application teams to understand the infrastructure requirements and translate into Terraform code for deployment
- Research and recommend innovative automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- We're looking for a candidate with the right mix of technical and interpersonal skills for this role. Some of these skills include:
- AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, Cloudwatch, CloudTrail, EKS, ECS, MSK, ELB, Route53, Auto scaling, RDS, Aurora etc
- Configuration tools like Terraform, Ansible and Ansible Tower
- Linux, Windows OS, Containers and Kubernetes
- Markup Languages like YAML, JSON and Scripting languages like Python and Ruby, programming languages like Golang, C#
- Secrets management using Hashicorp Vault or CloudHSM
- Log aggregation and monitoring using Splunk, ELK Stack, Cloudtrail, Elasticsearch, Datadog and Prometheus
- Data management, data integration, and development operations
- Ability to regularly learn, evaluate, and lead new technology implementation
- Optimally communicating technical information
- Ability to relate architectural decisions and recommendations to business needs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and work with diverse projects teams
- Willingness to demonstrate a growth-mindset when faced with new challenges and opportunities
- Ability to lead multiple high priority initiatives with aggressive timelines using an agile framework
- Comfortable performing in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment.
- Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require creativity and where mentorship may be unavailable.
We believe applicants should have 5+ years of relevant experience with:
- AWS Services, Terraform, Ansible, Ansible Tower, Splunk
- Containers technologies and container orchestration
- Programming and scripting with one or more of Golang, Python, Shell, C#
- We prefer applicants who possess a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field. However, relevant experience will be considered.