Civil Structural Engineer
Fluor | Netherlands, Bergen op Zoom
- Demonstrate and maintain effective Client relationships, as Fluor’s representor.
- Maintain effective relations with other disciplines and provide guidance/assistance to younger engineers.
- Communicate, both verbally and in written form in a professional manner, using email, letters, and minutes of meeting and/or reports.
- Prepare man-hour and material estimates, and monthly budget reports for all engineering efforts.
- Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals
- Perform technical bid evaluations of received bids of suppliers.
- Perform checks of vendor documents and checks of drawings from other Fluor disciplines.
- Multi-disciplinary project requires pro-active attitude and basic knowledge of other disciplines such as piping and mechanical.
To be Considered Candidates:Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
- 8-15 years of work related engineering and design experience.
- Has good theoretical and practical knowledge of civil, structural and geotechnical structures and engineering.
- Practical field and construction experience.
- Perform calculations for foundations, concrete, and steel structures with computer analysis software, preferable SCIA engineer.
- Is able to interpret geotechnical reports.
- Understanding of pertinent design codes (Eurocodes, NEN8700 serie) and goverment regulations and industry practices.
- Experience with FEED/Basic projects as well as detailed design project execution.
- HBO civil or equivalent.
- Strong pro-active team player with good technical and communication skills (both speaking and writing).
- Candidates shall be fluent in either Dutch and/or English.
Written and verbal communication with our clients is in Dutch and/or English.
- Willingness to travel.
- Be able to multi-task between several projects.