Civil Engineering Student Co-op
Overview / Responsibilities
- Wood is recruiting for a Co-op Civil Engineering Student to work in the Geotechnical Engineering Group in the Edmonton office.
- The position will entail providing support to our engineers and projects in a variety of areas. Depending on project workloads, the position will vary from office work to lab / field support.
- Some of the specific areas in the office may include compilation and presentation of geological and geotechnical data, calculations, assistance with engineering design, and use of AutoCAD and design/modelling software.
- Strong computer skills would be an asset. Field work may include providing support for drill investigations, instrumentation installations and monitoring, and/or construction supervision.
Skills / Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in Civil Engineering from an Accredited University
- Enrolment in the CO-OP program is required
- Preference will be proivded to Work Term 4/5 student, particularly if soil mechanics or geotechnical engineering course(s) have been completed, and there is a strong interest in geotechnical engineering.