Reporting to the Civil Discipline Lead you will ensure delivery of:
- Supporting the new nuclear build projects, operation and decommissioning is a through demonstrable and sustainable technical understanding of the plant, its system and the associated safety case.
- Responsible for the management of the site construction configuration.
- When deemed necessary, design issues are forwarded to designer representative sitting on site for resolution.
- Managing design changes, reviewing and accepting some site-specific design documents.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure the review, acceptance and the technical delivery of change design during the construction of the building.
- Work closely with the JDO Design Team and Construction team to maintain the technical quality of responses (content/ consistency/ exhaustiveness/ accuracy) and construction safety.
- The review and acceptance of the design changes proposed by the contractor or designer through Request for Information, field Change Request or Non-Conformance Report.
- Support the JDO in the handover of Design Packages released for construction and initiated the delegated responsibilities through this process.
- Ensure the processes comply with the project quality procedures.
- Management of the CDM aspects relating to the design changes during the construction period, including discharging the role of principle designer.
- Responsible for the nuclear safety acceptance of the design by carrying out surveillance on the design changes during construction.
- Actively report to the Permanent Civil Team Manager on risks and interfaces (technical & functional) and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised.
- Safety case/ golden thread: in the review and acceptance process, the group leader will ensure the high-level safety case and design have a clear golden thread to support operations.
- Note1: Based on Client site at HPC Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week
- Note2: Current expectation due to COVID restriction would on site minimum 2 days per week and the remaining 3 days work from home remotely, until April, then 5 days at work location
- Note3: Travel and Subsistence for non-locals would be considered for this role.
- Note4: There is no parking available at HPC site. Free buses are supplied from either Bristol City Centre or from the Park & Ride facilities located off the M5 Junction 23 & 24.
- Note5: Please provid proposed travel plan to undertake this role / salary expectation / current notice period on Cover letter with application