C&I Engineer - Control Panel Design
Management of assigned C & I design projects through the design stage to handover to production, observing the need to apply cost effective solutions and ensuring costs are controlled within estimates provided at the tendering stage
- Undertake responsibility for all design, processing and supporting activities for the assigned product range, including, where appropriate, pre-sales support
- Initial design of control panel and selection of major components (including PLC hardware) in line with customer outline requirements and detailed specifications
- Provision of detailed GA drawings, using both propriety and custom-built enclosures for indoor and outdoor mounting, including hazardous area installations
- Provision of Panel wiring diagrams, in both schematic and (instrument) loop format, including PLC I/O, condition monitoring racks and i.s.barriers.
- Provision of Supporting documents including I/O lists and data schedules, i.s. validation calculations, etc.
- Interface with customers and suppliers on all control panel design issues
- Supporting panel manufacture and testing, at suppliers works, in factory &/or on site.
- Attend kick off and client meetings to ensure that all parties understand the work to be undertaken and the key project milestones
- Give support to other departments on engineering problems associated with the product range
- Liaise with Customer and Sub-suppliers as necessary
- Ensure that product development ideas are passed to the appropriate channels
- Ideally experienced in all aspects of panel design, from initial tender through to on-site support.
- HNC or equivalent in electrical/electronic engineering
- Proficient CAD user, AutoCAD &/or EPLAN preferred
- A flexible approach to work with excellent attention to detail
- A willingness to solve problems and improve processes
- Team player, hands on approach, capable of building new relationships
- Experience of using auto cad/ inventor
- Excellent IT skills
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) + service days
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to a wide range of discounts on Everyday Shopping, Entertainment and Lifestyle
- Flexible working
- Onsite car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- On site Gym
- Long service awards