Air Liquide | USA, Branchburg
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies – from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells – even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHA™ and Voltaix® products are critical to the manufacturer of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Located in Branchburg, NJ.
The chemist is part of a new product development team to synthesize, purify and analyze new deposition precursors and other new emerging products. He/she will work closely with Sr. Chemist to develop novel and scalable synthesis, create intellectual properties, interface with various other functions to move the new product through stage gate process.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Synthesize and purify novel deposition precursor molecules from gram to kilogram scale
- Interface with product management and develop the new product through stage gate process
- Complete the product development data package and transfer the new molecule synthesis to Engineering and Production Group for HVM
- Develop novel and more efficient synthetic process. Work with IP attorney to protect intellectual properties created for the company
- Foster an innovative and collaborative work environment. Conduct safety review for lab operations and experiments
- Interface with various function groups such as Sales, Marketing, Safety, Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing
- Provide chemistry support related to various quality, safety or manufacturing issues
- Assure the accident and incident free conduct of all aspects of ongoing operations
- Successfully complete all assigned trainings
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, preferably in Inorganic Chemistry and Organic/Organometallic Chemistry; or M.S. in Chemistry, preferably in Inorganic Chemistry and Organic/Organometallic Chemistry with at least 5 years’ industrial research experience
- Strong safety mindset with a proven track record of safely handling hazardous chemicals
- Possess extensive hands-on experience in regards to the synthesis and purification of air/moisture sensitive compounds from gram to kilogram scale
- Hands-on experiences with analytical instrumentation including gas chromatography (GC), mass spectroscopy and FTIR, including operating various types of vacuum systems.
- Excellent team player with good project management skills
- Capability of working on the global level with colleagues and customers
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to generate high quality reports for both internal and external purposes
- Experience with managing pilot-scale synthesis is highly desirable.
- Experience with conducting Process Hazard Reviews is highly preferred.
- Have strong working knowledge of semiconductor materials and technologies
- Working experience on SPC and data analysis