Chemical Process Engineer
Schlumberger | Canada, Calgary
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements and producing specifications.
- Analyze, design, develop and maintain products and assist in their commercialization. Apply relevant usability procedures and principles.
- Produce analyses and mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab simulations. Design and implement tests, document results and develop customer presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
- Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
- Assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. With seniority, mentor junior engineers.
- Create and maintain product documentation. Provide support to field and customers through InTouch. Provide user training as required.
- Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations. Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups. Expand informal network throughout the organization.
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily to develop innovative and low-cost products.
- Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business.
- Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 8+ years of professional experience
- Process / Chemical Engineer (B.Sc. or higher)
- Experience in:
Process / Chemical Engineering
Chemical Engineering Projects (PreFEED, FEED, Engineering Design)
Experience in using Process Simulation to solve process problems
Chemical Process Simulation (Symmetry, VMGSim, HYSYS, AspenPlus, etc.) an asset
Midstream and Oil & Gas experience an asset
Operating experience an asset
Computer science an asset (VBA, C#, Python, others)
- Candidates must be legally allowed to work in the United States, without sponsorship