Air Liquide | USA, Branchburg
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies – from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells – even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHA™ and Voltaix® products are critical to the manufacturer of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Located in Branchburg, NJ.
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies – from microprocessors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells – even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHA™ and Voltaix® products are critical to the manufacture of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things. To enhance our execution from discovery to delivery (“lab-to-fab”), we are adding talented people to our team.
This position will be directing, overseeing and supporting project execution; including involvement in the engineering, bid process, budgeting, scheduling, forecasting, reporting, and invoicing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, track, and manage projects to ensure that projects are executed according to the Project Plan and are completed on time (schedule implies resources) and on budget. Keeps management and all the stakeholders informed on all issues affecting project timeline and budget. Proactively develops plans to mitigate potential issues.
- Responsible for procurement of equipment and materials, and services; and selection and hiring of subcontractors.
- Negotiates project cost with suppliers to achieve optimal cost of ownership.
- Manages material identification, application, receipt, staging, and tracking.
- Responsible for Project execution following various applicable design specifications and standards.
- Responsible for leading cross-functional design reviews, championing “Management of Change” process for project changes, and leading construction pre-startup reviews.
- Responsible for overall field coordination during the project. Coordinate project deliverables and timing with the construction manager(s), project engineers(s) and contractors.
- Ensures that work scope, project documentation, drawings, etc. are developed to meet internal standards/good engineering practice, and regulatory requirements are maintained current throughout the project.
- Ensures appropriate and timely reporting of project progress; including project closeout reports.
- Delivers timely, accurate, and high quality services and products to increase value and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Successfully completes all assigned trainings
- Directly responsible for safe project execution.
- Skill Set/Knowledge/Expertise:
BS Eng (ME, ChE), MBA, PE preferred;
Project Management Certification (PMI) or similar.
>7 years of demonstrated experience in managing capital projects in the specialty chemical or similar industry.
- Working knowledge of high purity gas installation techniques, and practices a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics, PIDs, and construction drawings.
- Proficient in Value Engineering.
- Fluent in the use of MS Office Suite, including MS Project .
- Proficient in cost estimating techniques and understanding of estimate accuracy at various project stages.
- Knowledge of building codes, consensus engineering standards and applicable regulations (ASME, API, CGA, NFPA, OSHA).
- Effective verbal and written communication, with good mediation skills. Must be collaborative and comfortable working in a team environment.
- Attention to detail; precision and accuracy are important.
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Excellent client-facing communication skills