Cameron Senior Product / Process Engineer
Schlumberger | Malaysia, Petaling Jaya
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate customer inquiries and specifications to determine the best process or equipment design for the application. Includes determining the required scope of work to be provided and developing the best strategy to win the technical proposal.
- Design equipment to match specifications or clearly define differences (clarifications or exceptions list) to customer.
- Submit technical proposals that include a clear definition of the scope of supply, equipment performance, warranty, and delivery.
- Develop “deliverables” for cost estimating, design engineering, and drafting.
- Lead the development and creation of all project drawings including P&ID’s, vessels, structural and piping.
- Perform complex process simulations utilizing Cameron defined software. (Hysis or Citrix based softwares)
- Create / review / comment on complex PFDs and P&IDs and perform P&ID walk-downs on fabricated equipment.
- Recommend, specify and requisition major buy-out equipment items such as heat exchangers and pumps.
- Perform equipment process design and mechanical design.
- Perform line sizing calculations.
- Select and locate level control equipment.
- Recommend control valve types and define PSV sizing basis.
- Generate Control Narrative and Control Philosophy documents.
- Develop cause and effect charts and participate in client HAZOP or lead internal HAZOP.
- Produce Installation, Operating (Start-up and Shut-down) and Maintenance Instruction manuals, including lists for Consumables, Special Tools, Lubricants, and Utilities.
- Perform on site start-up and / or troubleshooting.
- Assist Logistics with developing import and export documentation for systems and products.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Petroleum, or Mechanical Engineering, with 10 – 20 years experience in the design and selection of process equipment for the Oil and Gas Industry;
- or Master of Science Degree in Chemical, Petroleum, or Mechanical Engineering with 7 – 15 years experience in the selection of process equipment for the Oil and Gas Industry; or equivalent experience.
- In depth knowledge of national and international codes and standards for oil field process equipment design, shop fabrication procedures, inspection and NDE requirements, shipping preparation and terms, and field installation and start-up procedures.
- Willing to work in Petaling Jaya and open to international travel.
- Fluent in English and Malay language.
- Ability to produce PFDs and P&IDs.
- Ability to create process simulations utilizing Cameron defined software.
- Ability to size lines, control valves, PSVs.
- Working knowledge of ASME Section VIII, Division 1 and 2 and ASME B31.3.
- Working knowledge of applicable API guidelines.
- Ability to convey mechanical design details to drafting personnel for the preparation of fabrication and layout drawings considering operability, maintenance and safety.
- Ability to verify vessel designs from perspectives of cost, fabrication, operation, and maintenance.