Cameron Senior Mechanical Engineer
Schlumberger | Malaysia, Petaling Jaya
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitor Vessel Engineering progress, as required, to assure conformance to budget and schedule.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in all pertinent aspects of the discipline including design, analysis techniques, products, applicable codes and construction practices related to assigned projects.
- Advise and assist project and discipline engineers with the interpretation and clarification of applicable industry Codes and Client Specification requirements.
- Advise and assist Construction Managers, QA/QC, and Sub-suppliers with the interpretation and clarification of construction documents.
- Supervise the outsourcing of vessel engineering design work.
- Continuously improve vessel designs of Cameron equipment to decrease fabrication costs and improve equipment reliability and life.
- Take an active part in “Design-to-Build” technical group. Utilize feedback from the sessions to update tools and processes.
- Create or check the “Design Basis” documents specific to the particular project. The document is based on the applicable Codes, client specifications, Cameron scope of supply, and approved exception list.
- Perform or check ASME VIII-1/2, EN 13445 and PD5500 Code calculations with all applicable design loads and design combinations in accordance with the “Design Basis”.
- Provide necessary dimensional sketches, preliminary vessel weights and engineering instructions to the design office team, as required to identify locations of nozzles, supports and other vessel attachments.
- Review “as-built” drawings and re-run or check calculations, as required, to ensure conformity.
- Prove mechanical design, when required, of pressure vessel internals, trays, baffles and distribution piping.
- Recommend alternate materials of construction to meet service requirements and optimize vessel costs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 10-15 years’ experience in the ASME B&PV Code Section VIII, Div.1/2, EN 13445 and PD5500 Code and ASME B.31-3 Standards.
- In depth knowledge of national and international codes and standards for pressure vessel design of field process equipment, shop fabrication procedures, and inspection and NDE requirements.
- Ability to check complex vessel fabrication drawings and bills of materials.
- Ability to check and support the other disciplines in the preparation of various drawings (P&ID, GA Drawings, Isometric & spooling) required in the Pressure Vessel & Process skid fabrication and assembly work.
- International qualification like Professional Engineer, Chartered member of a relevant engineering institution or international equivalent is desired but not required.
- Good knowledge of technical aspects of oil and gas products and processes (Cameron products/processes preferred).
- Experience with commercial engineering design programs such as Compress, PVElite.
- Willing to work in Petaling Jaya and open to international travel.
- Fluent in English and Malay language.