Sulzer | Switzerland, Winterthur
As the BI Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Identifying required data sources based on business requirements, knowledge of business processes and systems used
- Creating data ingestion pipelines from source systems (ERP or cloud SaaS solutions) into a central data warehouse (MS SQL Server)
- Designing and implementing data transformation pipelines within the data warehouse to a target data model, consumable by BI reporting applications
- Defining a reusable and robust data model (star/snowflake schema)
- Further improving and extending a common data integration framework
- Debugging and optimization of existing pipelines
- Automating testing procedures to ensure proper data quality
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in technical or business studies or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of working experience as an ETL developer / Data engineer or similar position in-house in an international corporation or in consulting
- Minimum of 3+ years hands-on experience designing and implementing data integration solutions is a must
- Experience in building pipelines with visual ETL/ELT tools, preferably Talend
- Proficiency in SQL with the ability to write and optimize complex transformation queries
- Knowledge of data warehousing principles incl. data modelling (star/snowflake schema with conformed dimensions) and data historization concepts
- Experience extracting information from core SAP Financials and/or SAP Logistics modules, and/or MS Dynamics
- Experience working with agile delivery methodologies, e.g. Scrum, SAFe etc.
- Ability to manage globally dispersed development teams from our partners
- Ability to multitask under high stress & aggressive timelines in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication, collaboration, partnering and facilitation skills.
- Ability to learn new collaboration technologies, processes and adaptable to changes in timelines and sequences
- Position is based in WinterthurT (ravel requirements: ~30%)
- Fluent in English is a must. German would be a strong additional asset
- In this new exciting and challenging role, you will have the possibility to apply your existing knowledge and learn new skills in a dynamic global environment. You will become part of a leading global organization.