Automation & Robotic Engineer
GE | Singapore, Singapore
- Work with end-users to develop specifications and perform cost/benefit analysis for proposed robotic or automated systems.
- Manage project budget and deliverables.
- Design robotic or automated systems to meet business needs, including selection of components and sub-systems.
- Work with external vendors and system integrators for hardware fabrication and installation.
- Write and troubleshoot all aspects of robotic, PLC, HMI, and other programs required.
- Ensure that automated systems meet applicable safety, regulatory, and quality standards.
- Support production with personnel training, process qualification, onsite troubleshooting, and machine capability improvement as required.
- Conduct research on material removers, vision and sensor systems, adaptive machining, process control algorithms, and other technologies.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering or related discipline. Mechanical, mechatronics, or precision engineering background preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience in robotics (Fanuc/ABB preferred) and automation systems design in fast pace production environment. Other prior project experience demonstrating equivalent capability will be considered.
- In-depth knowledge in writing and troubleshooting complex robotic, PLC, or computer programs is required.
- In-depth knowledge in machine vision and automated inspection technology will be highly considered.
- Experience in HMI programming, C/C++/C#/VB programming, PLC programming, mechanical design, and CNC programming will be a plus.
- Prepared to be hands-on and work along with process engineers, manufacturing engineers, maintenance engineers, and technicians.
- Strong project management and communication skills with personnel at all levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Be independent with minimum supervision and resourceful.
- Must be hands-on oriented and willing to work in shop floor environment alongside production team.
- Open-minded and quick to learn new processes, methods, and technology.
- Interested in software programming.
- Responsible, accountability and dependable of good work
- Team player; able to work across functions and coordinate actions with different departments.