Automation Engineer - Systems Engineering
- Under limited supervision, designs, documents, tests and assists with the delivery of the software components and systems for projects and products.
- Interprets design requirements based on internal specifications, customer specifications, and knowledge of the product application.
- When necessary carries out detailed field surveys to evaluate interfaces between new and existing equipment.
- Designs automation specification and provides engineering solutions in compliance with the engineering standards.
- Carries out detailed software design.
- Prepares and maintains test procedures and assists in testing and troubleshooting products and systems.
- Prepares and maintains associated documentation.
- Review and approve engineering designs.
- Performs product cost analysis and value engineering.
- Conducts laboratory tests and experiments and write concise test reports and analysis.
- Supports the installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and repair of products and systems.
- Provides technical training to customers and employees, as required.
- Produces engineering change notices.
- Commissioning an automation project.
- Responds to requests for engineering assistance, and deficiency reports.
- Performs all duties on schedule and within budget.
- Degree or equivalent in electrical engineering, automation engineering, electronic technician, electrical Technician or related subject.
- English proficiency to participate in an international project team.
- Experience in automation programming language as Ladder Diagram, Function Block Diagram and Structured Text.
- Experience with industrial automation protocol as Modbus, Profibus, DeviceNet, ProfiNet, etc.
- Experience in SCADA Systems.
- Experience in Mathematic Models and level 2 systems.
- Experience in programing language.
- Experience in commissionings.
- Experience in an engineering design environment in relevant industry (Energy, Mining, steel industry, Oil & Gas, etc.).
- Experience in engineering design, application, testing or commissioning environment.
- Electrical power generation and distribution systems.
- LV / HV switchgear and transformer specification and application.
- Induction and synchronous motors and their control systems.
- Power system control and protection.
- LV and MV variable speed drives and motors.
- Experience of system integration working on multi-discipline projects.
- On site commissioning of large projects.
- Knowledge in IEC61850 network.
- Knowledge in managed switches / network management.
- Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects to strict time scales.
- Good communication skills.
- Good report writing skills in order to report to management.
- Good personal organisational skills.
Willing to travel within base country and overseas for short term working.