Corteva | USA, Indianapolis
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Control/Monitoring equipment & facilities maintenance and trouble shooting
- Control/Monitoring equipment & facilities preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance
- Troubleshoot local controllers, communication wiring, programs, and schedules to identify concerns and determine corrective action
- Review and approve designs and drawings to ensure integration to existing controls systems
- Generate reliability improvement ideas and work with other team members to maintain the equipment reliability of the facility
- Provides technical guidance to diagnose control system concerns and ensure occupancy comfort
- Provide technical direction to Operations and maintenance staff including two dedicated controls technicians
- Ensures proper equipment functionality, including accurate data recording and storage
- Understand and utilize the safe work processes including safe work permits, energy isolation, confined space, and line and equipment opening.
- Coordinates work with other trades
- Utilize CMMS system (i.e. Maximo) to manage work
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- An engineering degree with automation certifications or a high school diploma (Associate’s Degree or Technical Trade School Degree is preferred) with 10 years of automation experience.
- 4+ years of facility, manufacturing or power plant maintenance experience
- 2+ years of experience in building controls and automation, including troubleshooting and repair; exposure to programming preferred
- Must be willing and able to wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes with or without an accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to wear and use respirators with or without an accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to perform frequent bending, reaching, and lifting with or without an accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to work in tight or closed-in spaces with or without an accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground with or without an accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to stand or walk for extended periods of time with or without an accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to lift a minimum of 50lbs with or without an accommodation.
- Must have a current, valid US driver's license.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Must have the ability to interpret technical vendor literature (i.e. Installation, Maintenance and Operation manuals) and transfer this information independently and effectively to critical work processes.
- Proficiency with Building Management Systems for control and monitoring of facility and lab equipment. Siemens & Argus knowledge is preferred.
- Have a working knowledge of BACnet control systems is preferred
- A working knowledge of piping and instrument drawings, schematics and equipment drawings.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems: i.e. Maximo.
- Use of the standard Microsoft applications - Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimum of direct supervision.
- Great time management skills including the ability to manage a substantial work load.
- Interpersonal skills for developing a client base and working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and desire to expand knowledge.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent activities and deliver on commitments under tight time constraints.
- Ability to work in a team environment to deliver per maintenance objectives.
- English fluency, speaking and writing, in addition to fluent in local language.
- Strong ability in listening and communication, including consulting by telephone.
- Comfortable working with colleagues with a variety of backgrounds.
- Focused on delivering effective, usable results.
- Sound interpersonal skills, confidence, and ability to form good working relationships and negotiate effectively with internal and external contacts.
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Indianapolis, Indiana campus is home to more than 1,000 employees whose mission is simple – to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we’re taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop, credit union and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, wok, deli, fresh salad bar, and a variety of ethnic and healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and festive holiday events. Join a volleyball or ping pong league or take part in supporting the Indianapolis Colts during Blue Fridays! Did we mention you’ll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology and colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you’re at work.
- If you’re looking to move to a big city with a small-town feel then Indianapolis, Indiana is the place for you. This dynamic, multifaceted city has a robust sports scene, urban nightlife, and top-tier entertainment. Indianapolis is quickly making its name as one of the best sustainable food and agriculture scenes in the country. Located in the heart of the Midwest, Indianapolis is a welcoming city ripe with culture and a thriving economy.
- Indianapolis is Indiana’s capital with more than two million residents in the greater metropolitan area. It’s the economic and cultural center of Indiana and offers something for everyone. There’s plenty to do, see, learn and experience in Indianapolis.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!