Corteva | USA, Indianapolis
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Control/Monitoring equipment & facilities maintenance and trouble shooting
- Control/Monitoring equipment & facilities preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance
- Troubleshoot local controllers, communication wiring, programs, and schedules to identify concerns and determine corrective action
- Review and approve designs and drawings to ensure integration to existing controls systems
- Generate reliability improvement ideas and work with other team members to maintain the equipment reliability of the facility
- Provides technical guidance to diagnose control system concerns and ensure occupancy comfort
- Provide technical direction to Operations and maintenance staff including two dedicated controls technicians
- Ensures proper equipment functionality, including accurate data recording and storage
- Understand and utilize the safe work processes including safe work permits, energy isolation, confined space, and line and equipment opening.
- Coordinates work with other trades
- Utilize CMMS system (i.e. Maximo) to manage work
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- An engineering degree with automation certifications or a high school diploma (Associate’s Degree or Technical Trade School Degree is preferred) with 10 years of automation experience.
- 4+ years of facility, manufacturing or power plant maintenance experience
- 2+ years of experience in building controls and automation, including troubleshooting and repair; exposure to programming preferred
- Must be willing and able to wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes with or without an accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to wear and use respirators with or without an accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to perform frequent bending, reaching, and lifting with or without an accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to work in tight or closed-in spaces with or without an accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground with or without an accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to stand or walk for extended periods of time with or without an accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to lift a minimum of 50lbs with or without an accommodation.
- Must have a current, valid US driver's license.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Must have the ability to interpret technical vendor literature (i.e. Installation, Maintenance and Operation manuals) and transfer this information independently and effectively to critical work processes.
- Proficiency with Building Management Systems for control and monitoring of facility and lab equipment. Siemens & Argus knowledge is preferred.
- Have a working knowledge of BACnet control systems is preferred
- A working knowledge of piping and instrument drawings, schematics and equipment drawings.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems: i.e. Maximo.
- Use of the standard Microsoft applications - Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimum of direct supervision.
- Great time management skills including the ability to manage a substantial work load.
- Interpersonal skills for developing a client base and working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and desire to expand knowledge.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent activities and deliver on commitments under tight time constraints.
- Ability to work in a team environment to deliver per maintenance objectives.
- English fluency, speaking and writing, in addition to fluent in local language.
- Strong ability in listening and communication, including consulting by telephone.
- Comfortable working with colleagues with a variety of backgrounds.
- Focused on delivering effective, usable results.
- Sound interpersonal skills, confidence, and ability to form good working relationships and negotiate effectively with internal and external contacts.