Automation Controls Engineer
Oceaneering | USA, Panama City,
Duties & Responsibilities
- Re-design and trouble-shoot problems on automated mechanical equipment and effect solutions.
- Implement improvements in processes, methods, and production controls for manufacturing systems and set up new or existing equipment. Whether new or retrofitted, always trying to improve the safety of equipment.
- Troubleshoot production problems.
- Ensure new processes and products meet requirements as defined by Product Engineering/QA departments.
- Develop maintenance plans, documentation, operating instructions and transfer the information to manufacturing.
- Provide training of both maintenance personnel and machine operators on equipment.
- Create specifications for equipment capability and functionality.
- Work with suppliers and internal/external customers and participate in cross-functional teams to resolve technical/quality issues.
- Participate in new product design and development reviews, FMEA, failure investigations, design control activities, and training of personnel. Evaluate suppliers, materials, and components in order to determine critical quality parameters (develop and execute test methods, design test equipment and fixtures, and create specifications and protocols).
- Identify, design, and assist in purchasing equipment for development of manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with equipment designers on projects.
- Evaluate vendor proposals and capabilities.
- Assure that design requirements are met by participating in design reviews and factory acceptance testing.
- Ability to travel and help another Oceaneering site. Must be willing and able to travel internationally.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
- Dotted line to Plant Manager
- Partners and supports Production team, maintenance team
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer/Software Engineering and at least 3 years of industrial control systems automation experience OR 10 years of industrial control systems automation experience.
- Experience programming and debugging PLC/HMI systems for large, multi axis applications, preferably cabling and extrusion.
- Siemens S7 experience required with experience with Siemens Failsafe PLC systems
- Experience configuring/troubleshooting VFD's (Siemens Masterdrive/SINAMICS).
- Practical application experience with PROFIBUS/PROFNET communications across various PLC platforms and slave devices for data exchange and SCADA applications.
- Experience with TIA Portal and STEP7.
- Experience with Siemens Technology CPU / SIMOTION
- Experience with Siemens S7 PLC communication networks and implementation.
- Siemens WINCC experience strongly desired.
- Experience with common DC bus drive systems is strongly desired.
- Ability to tune PID systems for winding/cabling and temperature control applications
- Basic knowledge of Mitsubishi PLC’s
- AutoCAD experience is strongly desired
- Experience with NEC/NFPA70, NFPA70E, NFPA79