Associate Production Engineer
Air Liquide | USA, Upper Mount Bethel
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a technical resource on the technical capability and capacity of the production plant. Understands the chemistry of the plant. Understands how the plant operates. Understands key Health, Safety and Environmental parameters including reactive chemical concerns and process safety requirements. Understands the customer specifications and expectations for the product.
- Assist in establishing Key Performance Indicators for each of the plant operations under their responsibility. On a daily basis, monitors the KPIs, trends and the ultimate performance of the unit against the plant goals for personal safety, process safety, quality and productivity.
- Track OEE of processes to support consistent improvement of productivity.
- Takes action to resolve gaps between performance and goals along with other engineers. Encourages plant personnel to effectively change behaviors when performance is not meeting expectations. Is capable of completing small improvement projects when required.
- Work to Improve and update documentation including learning resources and Standard Operating Procedures for the plant. Provides knowledge transfer to the operators and ensures it is being used.
- Drives a culture of "Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time" with their actions and their words on a daily basis.
- Successfully complete required trainings
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Knowledge in process or production engineering. Project engineering knowledge a plus.
- Chemical, food or pharmaceutical plant operations experience
- Experience working with highly hazardous chemicals at a manufacturing facility
- Experience establishing, tracking and driving gap closure with KPIs (Key Performance Metrics) or equivalent.
- Experience with Northwest Analytics (NWA) process analytical software
- Working knowledge of PLC and Process Automation control systems
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification or equivalent knowledge
- 5S and Lean Manufacturing experience
- Process hazard analysis training; LOPA and HAZOP
- Root cause investigation training and methodology
- Able to learn technical chemical processes quickly in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to effectively work with team mates in Maintenance, R&D, Process Development, Engineering, Quality and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment)
- Improvement project or capital project experience
- Methodical data based problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multitask
- Self-starter with the ability to perform well under pressure and changing priorities
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively in written and verbal formats with stakeholders at multiple levels in the business.