Associate Geotechnical Engineer
Jacobs | Australia, South Brisbane
You will have experience in providing technical input and client focused solutions across a range of projects that may include geotechnical design, technical report writing, managing discipline teams, site investigations, engineering geology and slope risk assessments. You will enjoy working in diverse team which are focused on providing technical solutions to our client’s projects.
Key requirements for the role:
- Relevant undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology.
- Either obtained or working towards a Chartered Professional Engineer or equivalent.
- Experience in leadership and working in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound experience in various areas of geotechnical investigation, analysis and design. Experience could include transport infrastructure; slope retention and retaining walls; numerical modelling; tunnelling; slope risk assessment; dam engineering and associated infrastructure (earthworks, foundations, retention systems, slope stability, geological modelling, material parameter development, consolidation and settlement) projects.
- Sound understanding of relevant geotechnical standards and design software within areas of expertise.
- Strong interpersonal and technical skills, with an interest to act in technical leadership roles.
- Ability to build & maintain strong client & team relationships.
- Experience in planning and execution of projects and strategies to achieve business goals.
- A strong desire to work as part of wide team and interact with both internal and external stakeholders.