Associate Design Engineer I - Control Systems Long Beach
The purpose of this position is to use established practices and guidelines applying educational knowledge of design engineering principles as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs work on routine scope engineering assignments and performs specific and limited portions of engineering assignments.
- Perform and check routine calculations, specify simple instruments/equipment, and solve problems of simple engineering complexity
- Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
- Participate in equipment and material procurement activities
- Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- This position will most likely involve some amount of field work at the client's facilities. However, as a new graduate the field work will be limited at first and under the direct supervision of a senior Fluor engineer.
To be Considered Candidates:Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree in Chemical Engineering or global equivalent in engineering field of study and no required previous years of work-related experience (new graduate);
- 3.2 GPA
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Engineer-in-Training or internship
- Basic knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials
- Practical field experience
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, databases, and electronic presentation programs