Associate Analyzer Engineer
Air Liquide | USA, Branchburg
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
In a fast paced environment, this position is responsible for working across engineering, quality and operational departments to design, install, and integrate analytical sampling and instrumentation. The focus will be, but not limited to, on-line process analyzers.
- Initiate capital project, manage design / implementation, and ensure sustainable operation, maintenance, and metrology of on line and other analytical instruments.
- Sustain the complementary SPC and data monitoring software used for SPC and plant control of analytical based data.
- Map future laboratory instrumentation requirements for emerging products. Integrate within the stage gate process on line analytics to improve pilot plant characteristics and quality by design attributes.
- Develop / transfer test methods to different instrumentation set ups.
- Create and issue drawings for sampling systems, conduct and lead PHAs, FMEAs, and 8Ds.
- Interface between multiple departments, including Analyzer technical community within Air Liquide, to drive projects to completion on time and within budget.
- Travel to all ALAM locations for equipment installations and to suppliers for commissioning activities.
- Successfully completes all required training.
- Expected to be on call nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Expected to work extended hours as business needs dictate
- Expected to travel to ALAM sites as business needs dictate
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/Engineering, Chemical Engineering degree
- 1+ Experience in design and installation of lab equipment, sampling systems and online analytics.
- Working knowledge of DCS and PLC control system design, installation, and function.
- Must be well versed in statistical data analysis, Quality Assurance fundamentals including FMEA, problem solving techniques, and Six Sigma methodology
- Team leadership, analytical thinking and problem solving, listening and responding, and project management
- Knowledge of 8D process.
- Six sigma green belt certification or higher