Oceaneering | UK, Aberdeen
Assist the Senior Engineer with the effective provision and operation of inspection systems and services to the allocated assets or site - ensuring that Plant and equipment is certified.
**Please note this position is Fixed Term for 1 Year**
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Senior Discipline Engineers in the assessment of both technical and operational by sourcing information, progressing actions, notification of actions etc.
- Assist in RBA preparation and reviews as directed by discipline engineer.
- Assist in the development of detailed plans, programs, and workscopes for annual corrosion and integrity monitoring etc.
- Assist in the preparation of work packs as per the inspection program or for unplanned activities.
- Retrieve project specific technical data from client library/documentation.
- Assist in mobilisation of personnel and equipment requirements as directed by project management team
- Assist in reviewing and processing of inspection reports, anomaly reports (e.g. inspection queries, remedial work orders etc)
- Carry out input of project inspection data including that from corrosion monitoring into relevant maintenance management systems (MMS) and/or ACET (or similar data base system).
- Assist with the maintenance and input of project registers
- Assist with coordination, Preparation and collation of operational data and reporting including the anomaly process
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of reports for performance management/integrity data eg overdue reports, weekly performance reports, monthly KPI reports etc
- Assist in the preparation of CTR's, equipment/personnel requisitions and budgetary reports etc.
- Carry out offshore/site visits/surveys to support onshore activities as required
- Assist with duties as directed by Senior Discipline Engineers
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reporting Relationship
- Reports Directly to The Senior Inspection Engineer
- The Senior project Manager and Inspection Engineer will also define the day-to-day work for this position
- Performance will be measured by the Senior Inspection Engineer
- Minimum UKAS RG2 Category 4 compatible
- Minimum ONC in mechanical Engineering, NVQ Level 3 (i.e. City and Guilds Etc.)
- Note: ONC in Fabrication and welding or other similar subject could be considered provided the individual has other relevant qualifications eg ASME or API certification
- HNC/HND or greater in an engineering discipline - preferably Mechanical engineering qualification or working towards qualification
- NDT Certification for core techniques
- API/ASME Plant level 1
- Offshore medical, BOSIET and MIST certification
- Confined Space Entry training
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding, codes standard, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment
- Good knowledge of NDE systems and techniques
- Ability to work to given deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team and with minimal supervision
- Experience of working on PC work stations in particular with Microsoft office products
- Ensures that regular consistent communication and interaction takes place with project team.
- Working Conditions
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.