Asset Health Process Engineer
Georgia-Pacific | USA, Atlanta
In our efforts to provide greater remote support to Georgia-Pacific (GP) manufacturing operations, we are excited to announce Georgia-Pacific’s first Collaboration and Support Center (CSC), located in midtown Atlanta at Tech Square. The CSC team partners with operating facilities by providing collaboration and support across multi-disciplines of expertise (GP and Vendors) to achieve scalable problem solving across manufacturing sites and businesses. The team uses the best available technology with an enterprise wide approach and primarily focuses in the areas of Asset Health, Process Safety, and Process Optimization. We are currently seeking qualified professionals to fill the role of Asset Health Process Engineer to support our asset health monitoring of multiple GP sites.
Individuals in this space will need good technical skills, communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team to solve problems. This center will evolve and grow through time so the ability to be flexible and adapt as the CSC adapts to business needs will be a key capability. A successful individual in this role must be willing to take personal initiative to understand unit operations, gain relevant knowledge, engage SME's and must be able to work both individually and as a part of a team in a dynamic environment. He / she must also be responsible and responsive to the needs of the sites that operate 24/7.
We are seeking Mechanical, Chemical, and Electrical Engineering Candidates, preferably with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Reliability Engineering
- Preventative Maintenance
- Drying Systems (papermaking, pulp drying, Yankee hoods)
- Pulping, power generation, or utilities
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
The daily routine to support operating locations is listed below, and the expectation is that the CSC team members will work together to support operations and cover for one another when needed.
- Start each day by reviewing areas/assets of responsibility (50% of day) - Deviations, Trends, Potential Problems, Diagnose and notify appropriate subject matter experts (SMEs) and the site
- Review Optimization Opportunities on areas/assets of responsibility - Pull SMEs, Vendors, Site into projects to optimize performance / cost / quality (25% of day)
- Work together as an CSC team (GP and Vendors) on chronic problems or large opportunities where the combined skills of the team can help to solve problems (25% of day)
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors or higher in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering
- 3 or more years of experience in working within a maintenance or equipment reliability focused role within an industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Experience with condition-based maintenance; vibration analysis; lubrication; infrared thermography, and motor circuit analysis (MCA).
- Experience using Functional Microsoft Office tools such as (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Willing and able to travel to 25% of the time to domestic sites to build relationships with operations and to understand processes
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience working within papermaking, pulping, or utilities operations
- Process and/or reliability experience within an industrial operations environment
- Data management experience with the following systems – PI, Envoy, MatLab, etc.
- Experience using analytic tools, python, R, SAS, etc.
- Experience applying Process Control fundamentals such as DCS and PLC
- Experience applying mechanical reliability fundamentals