Bechtel | Saudi Arabia, Jubail
- University degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Civil engineering design background (roads, highways, underground utilities, earthworks and drainage)
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience in design and and coordination of multi-discipline design teams.
- Sufficient knowledge of computers to monitor schedule of work and track completion of outstanding design issues.
- Knowledge of industrial infrastructure development and utilities.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to provide strong, active technical leadership to adopt and enforce a consistent approach that nurtures a culture of creativity, innovation and empowerment.
- Strong directional leadership, people management and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of dealing and interacting with challenging people and situations.
- Experience with preparation and monitoring of engineering performance and progress reporting (EPPR).
- Experience in construction.
- Experience in executing engineering in a BIM/VPD environment
- Knowledge of Engineering software applications as related to the design of civil infrastructure and buildings including, but not limited to: Autodesk suite of CAD and analysis tools.
- Execution planning / financial management / planning and organizing.·
- Demonstrated experience with preparation of engineering fee proposals and engineering design contracts.
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems based on ISO:9001 standards as applied to engineering design.
- Understanding of industry standard design procedures and ability to explain and communicate them with clarity in both written and verbal form.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
- Familiar with industry standards and codes.
- Experience managing an integrated engineering design team on complex site development projects.
- Experience working in KSA.
- Successful implementation of mentoring programs for young engineers.
- Multi-tasking co-ordination skill while executing complex and challenging project /program execution.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and mentoring.
- Able to work in a culturally diverse environment.
Detailed Job Description:
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering Projects, the Area Engineering Manager – SPR is responsible to monitor and coordinate the design process for all Procure & Construct (PC) as well as Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC) Contracts within the SPR area. The work will require management of a team of Project Engineers and close coordination with other departments and external stakeholders as well as assuming technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating across multiple projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Manages the Project Engineers in their activities and provide guidance on technical issues.
- Take ownership of all new design contracts in his project area and work with the Project Engineers to develop Task Releases to local engineering firms (A/E’s).
- Review and approve the scope and design cost estimate for all Task Releases.
- Ensure that Project Engineers meet their Work Plan goals in budget and schedule
- Prepare the cash flow budget for the annual work plan; monitor and resolve variances
- Present projects to the client Planning Committee
- Liaise with the Area Construction Manager to ensure resolution of design and construction issues
- Participate in weekly staff meeting and monthly area review meetings to report on project performance and resolution of engineering issues
- Submit timely and accurate data to project controls for weekly and bi-weekly reports
- Request and manage off-project engineering support, if deemed necessary
- Monitor the timely completion and response of Technical Queries (RFI, FCD)
- Raise trends and submit to project controls
- Coordinate Design Change Notices. Review and ensure quality of A/E submittals.
- Develop and maintain training competencies and training material to support succession planning within the Project delivery group.