Applications Engineer (Process Automation) - Huizhou
ExxonMobil | China, Huizhou
Job Role Responsibilities:
- Provide process control applications engineering expertise in support of the design, construction, commissioning, start-up and operations of the ExxonMobil Huizhou Chemical Complex.
- The work includes engineering design, maintenance and trouble-shooting and performance analysis, as delivering improvement initiatives for applications control loops and automation (basic, regulatory, supervisory, and advanced and optimization) delivered within the Distributed Control System (DCS) software platform or interfacing application layer, and the Operator Interface displays.
- Primary contributions will be at the individual contributor level with close interfaces within the immediate work group and interfaces from other disciplines.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor or above degree in Chemical Engineering / Process Automation / Process Control and Instrumentation.
- Understanding of chemical engineering principles: Heat and Material Balances; Temperature, Pressure, Flow and Analyzer Sensors/Measurements.
- Understanding of unit operations (e.g. Distillation and other towers), reaction engineering, and equipment (Pumps, Compressors, Heat Exchangers, Furnaces/Fired-Heaters, Reactors).
- More than 5 years working experience in petrochemical industry or engineering design.
- Experience in Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up of process units is an advantage.
- Experience in international projects, multi-national company (MNC), Wholly Owned Foreign Enterprise (WOFE) or JV is an advantage.
- Experience in basic Process Control Application Technology, including:
- Familiarity with Distributed Control System (DCS) software and hardware platforms from major vendors (Honeywell, Yokogawa, Emerson, etc.) or equivalent,
- Understanding of the fundamental principles of process dynamics and feedback control within a petrochemical plants with continuous and batch operations,
- Ability to build and tune standalone, simple cascade PID loops as well as multi-level cascade structures and sequential programs,
- Ability to troubleshoot control loop and automated sequence programs / logic using engineering judgment and analysis tools to identify and resolve problems (e.g. poor tuning, instrument failure, etc.),
- Able to design, build and modify operator console graphics and displays within the DCS, and
- Understanding of related support crafts in engineering and maintenance team (systems, instruments, analyzers, etc.) to work solutions as a team.
- Effective team player.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Willingness for 1-2 year’s short-term relocation, if required.