Applications Engineer in Ile-De-France, France
Flowserve | France, Arnage Cedex
The Specialist team is in charge of supporting Sales teams about operation, sales and technical topics, with a real add-value due to a technical expertise.
- Provide assistance to the sales force, service centers and Customers in developing work scope to solve equipment issues through pump and equipment/system/operations modifications & upgrades via technical reports and technical commercial proposals.
- Increase quotation to order ratio for special products.
- Interact with the Engineering team, product engineering, & corporate technology to analyze individual Customer needs. Specify custom “as needed” solutions to optimize the Customer’s process and improve product life.
- Assist with presentations, meetings with travel as needed.
- Manage pump and equipment order process from initial research and proposal to order receipt. Work with customers, suppliers, sales, design and manufacturing to assure on-time delivery of orders. Work to reduce time non value added steps. Assist to work out any issues on new orders to accelerate the entry process.
- Provide field support as a technical center of excellence for the aftermarket pump & equipment product lines, promoting Flowserve technology & application expertise.
- Make recommendations to product engineering, R&D teams to facilitate design of products to meet market needs.
- Engage and mentor application Engineers in training and development of skills.
- Encourage and develop team process with all interface groups
- Review technical data, documents and analytical data to prepared technical solutions in response to Request for Quotes (RFQ’s). Provide timely & accurate assistance to outside sales team, service centers and customers in developing work scope required to solve equipment problems though pump/system/operations modifications & upgrades via technical/commercial proposals.
- Proactively seek opportunities for providing added value to internal and external customer groups, while offering upgrade solutions. Actively assist in developing new program/methods of solving problems and modifying existing product designs to meet customer needs and improve product life.
- Interact with various Flowserve departments and external customers as needed to support the order processing and assure on-time delivery of orders.
- As needed, assist the sales force through customer presentations promoting Flowserve technology & application expertise in a face-to-face setting.
- Support Service Centers in the inspection & analysis of pump elements as required.
- Interact with Contract Administrator teams (CSOA), Product Engineering, & Corporate Technology to determine “as needed” solutions to complicated pump problems.
- Engineer degree in mechanical industry required,
- Minimum 5-10 years experience with rotating equipment required
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Strong commercial skills to support sales when interacting with customer
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of purchase orders and Customer contracts is a plus
- Solution and customer oriented