Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Perform detailed reviews of customer specifications, providing comments, clarifications and alternatives to customer requirements.
- Prepare technical quotations utilizing sales and data manuals, catalogs, product brochures, articles, and engineering data and drawings.
- Accurately size and select valves and actuators and perform calculations in order to most suitably satisfy the customer’s technical requirements.
- Coordinate with other technical departments (product engineering, R&D, QA, metallurgical process control, etc.) as required, in order to minimize technical and cost risk while ensuring maximum compliance to customer specifications.
- Collaborate with supply chain and manufacturing in order to develop cost estimates and margin analysis spreadsheets (including analyses for material, burden, and labor costs) as required for quotations.
- Ensure that pricing developed is accurate and consistent, and supports the balance of maximizing profitability and order success rate while minimizing business risk.
- Maintain responsibility for ensuring that all elements of the quotation process are completed accurately and on-time, including all technical and commercial elements, terms and conditions reviews, sales approval processes, and customer documentation requests.Participate in the customer negotiation process as required, including commercial and technical negotiations.
- Perform initial customer purchase order reviews to ensure that all critical elements are correct and aligned with the referenced quotation, including part numbers, quantities, pricing, lead-time, payment terms, terms and conditions, and technical specifications.
- Create the order transfer file for submission to the order management team in accordance with prescribed processes.
- Individual contributor role responsible for 10-15 customer accounts in very team oriented work environment.
- Daily collaboration with customers, outside sales engineers, and other internal cross-functional departments is required to successfully execute in the role.
- B.S. degree required, preferred in an engineering or similar technicalfield.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a self-managed team environment making frequent decisions around work prioritization and time allocation.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to make decisions with minimal oversight.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Experience with cost analysis, pricing, and contract review for engineered products.
- Related commercial or technical experience in the power generation or oil and gas industry for engineered valve products.
- Familiarity with relevant industry requirements including any or all of the following: ASME B&PV Code, ASME B16.34 and B31.1, ASME Sections II and III, 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, and NQA-
- CIP Green Belt training or Lean Manufacturing experience