Applications and Sales Engineer
Purpose of the Job
- Prepare technical proposals and commercial tenders
- Interface with front-sales and monitor progress of projects
- Co-ordinate projects with head office, regional offices and agents
- Visiting and presents Sulzer portfolio to the customers
- Prepares internal handover meeting
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare and co-ordinate technical and commercial proposal activities with Regional Offices and Local Headquarters
- Prepare price calculation and tender documentation
- Work closely with cross-functional departments (process engineering, project management, shipping/logistic) and suppliers/sub-contractors to prepare cost estimates for engineering studies, process equipment and complete plants.
- Ensure that the specifications offered to the customer are within the capability and capacity of the company
- Ensure that the customers’ requirements are adequately conveyed and properly reflected in proposal.
- Any other duties that are assigned by superior.
- Diploma or Bachelor holder in Chemical Engineering or related field
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in back office sales within the oleochemical / bio chemical process / petrochemical / fine chemical industries.
- Knowledge in process equipment and process plant will be an added advantage.
Knowledge requirements (professional, technical, language):
- Excellent in both oral and written English and Chinese
- Fair knowledge of chemical separation processes knowledge
- Require business travel, particularly in the EAPA region.
Competencies and behaviour required (What strengths needed?)
- Flexible, open to change and new information. Adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on with excellent analytical, planning, evaluation and implementation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills with influencing capabilities.
- Good time management and decision-making skills.
- Evaluate of sub-contractor / supplier quality systems and capabilities.
- Strong, confident and personable communicator at a senior level.
- Service-oriented with ability to anticipate problems and solving them effectively
- Integrity, credibility and ability to collaborate within a multicultural organization.
- Ability to interpret customer requirements.