Schlumberger | Colombia, Cota
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots, resolves data and non-data related problems and escalated tickets of domain applications managed by him/her and communicates the solution to the end users; ensures activities are completed on time and with the required service quality.
- Analyses functional problems within the applications suite, conducts quality checks on incoming tickets and routes these appropriately, proposes solutions and involves the Application Support Lead if the problems affect business processes or core functionality of the system.
- Validates and details enhancement requirements from business users and converts the same into proper requirement specification documents for onward submission to development team / L3 service providers.
- Works with L3 support teams to manage execution of change requests / application upgrades and organize deployment and transition to service operations.
- Works with Data center & Infrastructure team to ensure optimum performance, disk usage, backup processes, security patches, and overall application stability
- Maintains systems’ technology stack.
- Runs database queries and use other tools as required to troubleshoot data related issues.
- Consults key users about enhancements to applications.
- Assists in testing of new applications, releases and promotions.
- Produces metric reports on incoming tickets, trends etc.
- Organizes ad-hoc ticket backlog resolution campaigns
- Operates within the Security operations standards and guidelines.
- Ensure that the specific domain level application’s business and technical documentation are kept up-to-date.
- Ensures that the applications support procedures are kept up-to-date.
- Verifies and validates software compliance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or Engineering in related field or equivalent
- 6 to 8 years working in IT/BPM enterprises developing/supporting Java based applications
- Fluent in English
- Experience of working on Employee time reporting and data management applications is desirable
- Experience working on documenting use cases and requirement specifications is a must
- Should have good experience in estimating application change requests
- Experience of working with tickets/incidents through a ticket management system
- Experience with Remedy Incident Management ticketing platform is preferable
- Good experience working on Oracle based applications
- Good understanding of business requirements and prioritizing needs so as to deliver a cost-effective service is essential to success.
- Preferred experience in Oil & Gas industry (though not mandatory)
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside Colombia without sponsorship
Desired skills and Attributes:
- Comfortable working across time-zones (open to shifts) and people of different nationalities
- Able to think logically and analyze complex problems
- Investigates customer wishes and needs and acts accordingly; anticipates customer needs; gives high priority to service and customer satisfaction; plays close attention to details
- Creative and innovative problem solver. Identifies problems; recognizes significant information; makes connections between data; traces possible causes of problems; investigates relevant data. Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of SAP HCM and Payroll modules especially Time management is highly desirable.
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Works well with all personality types