Africa Lead Installation Engineer
Within the framework of our Projects in the Africa region, we are looking for an experienced Lead Installation Engineer to join our Installation Department within the Africa Engineering Management Department. You will be in charge of the installation of subsea structures, launched jacket and deck/topside floatover. You will prepare the missions and then support the offshore people during the operations. Your interface will be at the heart of the project and you will ensure the liaison between the Client, the suppliers, the operational people and the design teams.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a team of engineers within projects,
- Accountable for the engineering budget and planning of the scope of the engineer’s team,
- Manage all external interfaces (clients, subcontractors, suppliers) and internal interfaces (other disciplines, installation, fabrication, purchasing, operation),
- Supervise the engineering activities in connection with the preparation and installation of the products,
- Validate the production of all documents and preliminary studies linked to projects developed by the installation teams,
- Plan, prepare and confirm the specific procedures (validation test on site, transportation and installation) and associated calculation notes (design lifting slings, design installation aids) defining priorities,
- Be the technical owner and ensure choice of subcontractors and supervise subcontracted studies,
- Validate concepts and manage changes accounting for HSEQ criteria,
- Advise adequate improvements taking into account HSEQ and Group standards,
- Actively participate in the training and the career progression of your team,
- Take an active part in the consolidation of the installation team’s expertise,
- Suggest innovative solutions that enable cost reduction.
- Subsea 7 – Africa, Project Engineering Department.
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct,
- Operate according to Subsea 7's Management Principles,
- Support standards and procedures for the Engineering Function.
- Graduated with a Master of Engineering, you have 10 years of experience as a minimum in engineering on Oil & Gas related installation projects.
- You have knowledge and proven experience of launched jacket installation and deck/topsides floatover installation.
- Your autonomy, your capacity to coordinate and communicate at all levels within the organization are key assets to succeed at this position.
- Ability to lead a team across multiple projects.
- Ability to manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Missions on constructions sites onshore and offshore during execution phases according to requirements.
- A fluent level in English (spoken, written and read) is essential.