Advanced Project Engineer
Honeywell | Switzerland, Rolle
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
- As a key role within the Engineering Excellence team, the Advanced Project Engineer is responsible for supporting the broader Honeywell software engineering community with best-in-class software development tools and best practices as well as the implementation of associated monitoring and visualization tools
- In this cross functional role, the advanced project engineer has end-to-end ownership and accountability for the deployment of shared software development tools, applications, and best practices: starting with the ideation and up to the final implementation through evangelization, hands-on engagement with product development teams and continuous improvement afterwards.
- The successful candidate will connect both vertically within his/her own practice, serving the software engineering community needs, as well as horizontally across the HBT organization and in collaboration with IT, SW Tools Operations Leader and Agile Release Train practitioners improve the adoption of agile development practices and standardized DevOps tools.
Experience: 6 years to 8 years in the field of DevOps and Software Development Tools
What you will do at Honeywell?
Standardize DevOps tools and Infrastructure
Standardize, develop and maintain common development tools and infrastructure, such as CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, config management, etc.
- Coach and mentor teams on DevOps practices
- Maintain documentation of all infrastructure related components including build and modifications
- Work within strict time frames following change management protocols to provide maximum uptime
- Address escalated infrastructure issues, and monitor infrastructure components for performance, capacity, failures, and uptime
Drive Visualization & Analytics
Architect and build a common BI and data aggregation infrastructure to collect and visualize key DevOps metrics
- Align and integrate live data from multiple engineering, financial and operational applications
- Cross collaborate with Honeywell IT to ensure applications uptime or for incidents resolution
- Derive inference from data to identify and drive improvements
- Drive and evangelize end-to-end automation across product engineering teams (test automation, deployment and release automation, …)
- Closely engage with engineering teams to building virtual services and prototypes to aid in verification and validation
- Identify and support deployment of simulation and early validation tools and techniques for teams developing hardware and software components
- 6+ years relevant experience
- Be accurate and deliver quality - have a “roll up your sleeves and dive in” attitude
- Experience in building, running and scaling micro-services using Kubernetes / OpenShift / Docker
- Automation experience in Public or Private cloud environments, with a strong understanding of infrastructure as code
- Practical knowledge of commonly used Big Data, BI and Data Analysis infrastructure components and visualization frontends
- Experienced with deployment and operation of monitoring and logging systems (e.g. Splunk, CloudWatch, ELK, TICK)
- Senior Linux and Windows engineering skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Quick learner and always open to work on the new tools and technologies
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstration of critical thinking